MSc 2 (BK-CiTG-EWI-3ME) 2022: Interactive Furniture
Needed software packages: Rhino 6 and 7 including Grasshopper. For info and support on how to set up Rhino please go to @hoc: https://adhok.bk.tudelft.nl/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Rhino7-2.0-Windows-EN.pdf
Rhinoceros 6 and 7: Download from the Brightspace website. Follow the instructions here: https://adhok.bk.tudelft.nl/2021/changes-in-obtaining-tu-rhino-licenses/
Grasshopper: Download from http://www.grasshopper3d.com/.
Grasshopper is included and pre-installed in Rhino 6 and 7. For the installation of plugins in Grasshopper: Open Grasshopper and choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save any plugin GHA file there. Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text. Restart Rhino and Grasshopper.
Basic Tutorials: http://www.rhino3d.com/tutorials
- http://vimeo.com/58212839 (must watch & practice, about 5 minutes)
- http://vimeo.com/82431575 (must watch & practice, about 1 hour)
- https://vimeo.com/28175502 (must watch & practice, about 2 hours)
- Install Weaverbird for Rhino 6 http://www.giuliopiacentino.com/weaverbird/ (tools for meshes)
- Install Ladybug and Honeybee plugin for Rhino 6: https://www.food4rhino.com/app/ladybug-tools (solar analysis tools)
- Install Karamba: https://www.karamba3d.com/ for the Karamba plugin for grasshopper for structural analysis and calculations.
- Install Kangaroo: Download the most current version as well as version 0.099: https://www.food4rhino.com/app/kangaroo-physics
- Install others: https://www.food4rhino.com/app/anemone, https://www.food4rhino.com/app/pufferfish, https://www.food4rhino.com/app/human, https://www.food4rhino.com/app/meshedit, https://www.food4rhino.com/app/elefront, https://www.food4rhino.com/app/lunchbox, https://www.food4rhino.com/app/nudibranch, https://www.food4rhino.com/app/parakeet